To assist you in the registration process, we have structured the registration process into 5 easy steps
REGISTRATION PERIOD AT DIVISION/DEPARTMENT
- Report to your Division or Department with the following:
letter of offer from the College (New Students Only) the original and one copy of your CXC results slip (New Students Only); one certified copy of your birth certificate (New Students Only); two legible copies of the Bank of St. Lucia deposit slip; black or blue ink pen.
- Obtain relevant information (course codes, course titles and number of credits for the current
Semester) from a member of staff from the students’ Division/Department in order to complete Online Enrollment.
STEP 1: ATTEND ACADEMIC ADVISING
- Consult your Division/Department for the Academic Advising schedule information for Students, for dates and locations of your advising sessions.
- SEMESTER 1 - All students must attend your Divisional Orientation and Academic Advising session.
- SEMESTER 2 - All students must attend Academic Advising session.
STEP 2: ENROLL INTO COURSES
To access the online registration go to secure area at http://sms.salcc.edu.lc/studsect.cfm Your Student ID is your 9-character student registration ID number quoted in your acceptance letter, and your default password is your date of birth in the format MMDDYY (You will be prompted to change your default password on your first time login). Login to the Portal, CLICK ON the REGISTRATION Tab and register for your courses as per your academic advisement.
You can register online wherever there is a stable and secure internet connection or you can visit one of the computer labs on campus designated for online registration.
At the BEGINNING of each academic year you are required to register for all Semester 1 courses. Registration for Semester 2 courses takes place at the beginning of Semester 2 normally in January of each year.
Check CAREFULLY to ensure that the courses for which you enrolled online are those given at academic advising. Make sure you register for the correct section of a course.
Change in Registration: Students are allowed to make changes in registration (Drop/Add) without penalty during the normal registration period (Up to the end of Week 1). Once the normal registration period has ended, there will be a fee applied ($10.00 per transaction) for any changes in registration.
STEP 3: PAYMENT OF FEES
- Prior to the end of the registration period, all fees must be paid at any branch of the Bank of St. Lucia (BOSL) A/C# 904120789.
- Deposit slips must be completed in Triplicate – one copy remains at the Bank and you must keep the other two copies.
- Your name, SALCC Student ID number and Division must be entered on the bank deposit slip.
- The College will not be responsible when payments by students cannot be identified on the Bank Statement due to lack of information.
- Appropriate payment arrangement must be made with the Bursar in cases where all fees or part thereof cannot be made.
- Students who have opted to be on a Tuition Installment Plan must pay at least 50% of the fees.
- Students on a Tuition Installment Plan would incur a $30.00 penalty for late payment of fees.
- Students on a Tuition Installment who have not met the deadline date for payment will incur an additional $30.00 for each month the fees are not paid.
STEP 4: OBTAIN FINANCIAL CLEARANCE
Check online for financial clearance three (3) working days after registration by logging on to SONISWEB’s Student Portal website at http://sms.salcc.edu.lc/studsect.cfm Login, Select ‘Financial’ Tab ‘Ledger’ Tab and
verify that your payment has been applied to your account for the current Semester.
If you have not received financial clearance after three (3) working days, visit the Finance Department, First Floor, Admnistration Building.
STEP 5: OBTAIN YOUR SALCC ID CARD
Financial clearance is required for the issuance of a new SALCC ID Card. Once you have received financial clearance, visit the ITS Department with a legible copy of your Bank of St. Lucia Deposit Slip, on the date
designated for ID cards for your department.
New ID cards are only issued to NEW/Re-Entry Students ONLY. Continuing students - If you received financial clearance your SALCC Student ID Card is automatically revalidated.
If you registered in Semester 1 and received financial clearance, after registration in Semester 2, your SALCC student ID card is automatically revalidated.
Students requiring SALCC ID cards for Semester 2 must visit the ITS Department. You must obtain financial clearance in order to obtain a SALCC Student ID.